Thursday 21 December 2023

Pikeman's Lament four player game

Chum Chris has been building a large ECW collection so he invited a few of us over for a pre-Christmas skirmish using Pikeman's Lament rules.

Thee were four players, a rather lovely scratch built sconce and a scenario based on grabbing artefacts scattered about the board. Looting basically.

Unfortunately I only had my phone with me so the rather poor pictures don't do justice to Chris' great set up.

The peaceful hamlet of Much Piddling


My stout band of stout fellows.


Their especially stout leader can be seen on the left.


The sconce. A fruit sconce, not a cheese sconce.


Tally-ho my fine fellows!



A horse bound ruck!


I think my cavalry came off worst.


More horse based action


Chris red-clad shot seized the sconce. And rained lead death down on my men.


However his horse were being chased from pillar topost.


Just then someone cast "Summon Cat" Lvl3


James men were falling beneath the hooves of Pete's horse.


Whilst Chris's redcoats continued to plague my men.


In the end Pete had achieved an unassailable lead. James and I were both out for the count and Chris conceded the field.

Good, simple fun with another splendid Mersey set of rules. I've no desire to collect an ECW army. 

On the other hand, GNW...

1 comment: