Friday 6 May 2022

Warhammer Daemons v High Elves

Back to Ulthuan, where the Daemons are invading!

We used the old 6th edition version of Meeting Engagement, where you write down an order of march and deploy in that order out from the centre.

1600 points each, no lords and no rare choices. Winner would be whoever occupied the hill and the ruins.

I took mostly Slaanesh Daemons with a smattering of Tzeentch



Steve had a balanced force of filthy Elves.


Swordmasters, ulp! I don't have much can deal with them.


The Dragon Princes were soon in the ruins.


The Daemons pushed up on their right



With the fiends racing ahead.



Badly positioned flamers invited a charge into the middle of my lines.



As the Reavers rode up the flank


The Dragons rode down two units forcing my Daemonettes to turn.


So the Princes rode by them.



Over on the far side of the table the Seekers were annoying the Swordmasters by running round behind them.



By now my Daemonettes were caught in a storm of bow fire.


Finally one much reduced unit crashed home


In the ensuing challenge both characters died.

But, more significantly shortly after that so did the rest of my army.

A tough scenario for the Daemons against such a shooty force. I think I need to go either all Slaanesh, or all Tzeentch at this level of points.

Next game will be 2,000 might try and paint some more 'nettes for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment