Sunday 26 September 2021

Warhammer - Bretonnians v. Orcs and Goblins

Steve and I convened for a game  - Warhammer of course, 2k points.

Both prep and playing were somewhat disrupted by me being on call and having to field calls from work about the press - which sounds more glamorous than it is.

As a result I forgot to make much use of my decent camera and the phone shots I did get are bit sporadic. Sorry.

Errant knights - just, you know erranting about.


Stinky Peasants


Plenty o'knights (and not one but two! TWO! Trebuchets. Filth.)



The flappy knights flapped forward to draw forth fanatics


The boarboys failed an animosity test and romped toward them. The Night Goblins did the same, ended up on top of their own fanatic, had loads killed, failed a panic test and ran off. So far. so Goblin.


The errant knights made shorter work of the chariot than I would have liked and ended up facing down the Arrer Boys


The peasants went for a pongy walk.


Some knights made the trolls run away - despite the trolls sicking up on them and killing four.


Behold the space where once were Arrer boys


The fight on the hill ground on- but the Grail Knight cavalry was on the way...


In the centre the Big Uns chewed up the knight unit but couldn't kill the general and his BSB


The trolls ran into the river but were run down.


Shortly after this the Bretonnian general routed the Big Uns and the game was up.

Good fun - if a bit sporadic (I have been on call on occasional weekend for the last few years. No-one *ever* call. Except today. On a Warhammer day!)

Steve's Brets do look lovely and it's nice I've found an army he can beat with them after all those years of them losing to my Ogres and Daemons.

1 comment: