Friday 19 February 2021

Noor Inayat Khan

 I picked this model up with my recent order from Bad Squiddo.

Not quite sure why the model caught my eye but the story of her being the first British Muslim war heroine of WW2 piqued my interest and she was duly added to my cart.








Noor Inayat Khan was born in Russia and lived in London before moving to Paris. She fled to England at the fall of France and joined the WAAF. In 1943 was parachuted into France by the SOE as a radio operator to aid the French resistance. Sadly she was betrayed, captured and eventually murdered in Dachau.

An incredibly brave woman.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty intriguing story.
    That'll be a good hook to talk about during a game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,
    Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic figure, and well painted as well, I love it!

    ReplyDelete