Wednesday 4 October 2023

Of Gods and Mortals Day in Leeds (1)

Kevin at the Leeds club organised another day of Or Gods and Mortals gaming. Only James and I were able to make the trek up from Nottingham but there were nine other players waiting for us on arrival.

After the Norse themed event of earlier in the year this one was "open" in terms of which gods and pantheons were used - as long as they were "real world" so there was a broad selection of models on show


Celts, Egyptians, Greeks and Norse were all present, along with Japanese (and possibly some others I missed).

I was using Celts - my Epona led list, heavy on the horses. Unfortunately I didn't have time to get a game in before the event, so this would be the first time I'd played since then. Fortunately the basics of OGAM are pretty easy to remember.

My first game was against John  who I played at the Norse event back in March. He was still using Norse, but had swapped Hel for Vignal - a more fighty god.

I placed my Kelpie in a pond - because that's the right place for a water spirit to start the game.


Armoured lads looking for a fight.


Epona's horses gallop out.


The centre of the board was a ruin containing a mystery box, filled with who knew what...


Epona directs her steeds forward.



Shieldmaidens bar the way


Trollwolves and a Valkyerie accompanied the god.


Trollwolves started fighting the horses.


The Puca faced off with the Smith.


The lines closed


Fighting broke out in the ruins


The battle unfolds (in favour of the Norse, mostly)


Victory went to the Viking forces after a thoroughly enjoyable tussle. I remembered the basics of the rules, but had forgotten all of the synergies and how to actually win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment