Thursday 27 January 2022

Warhammer Cockatrice

Stephen very kindly often buys me soldiers for my birthday.
I then leave them to marinade in the lead/plastic/resin pile for several years. He mocks me for not painting them I wind him up by not painting them. This works well for both of us.

I'm not quite sure when he gave me this model. It was released I think for Storm of Magic which is about eleven years ago, so quite possibly at least ten years. I assembled and even primed the model a while ago but never quite plucked up the resolve to start painting.

Then recently i realised that I had acquired most of the Contrast paints that I'd need to paint the beastie and so I set to and this is the result.








The flesh bits are a little blotchy, Reikland flesh is great for human sized hands and faces, but always goes a bit patchy on larger areas, but I'm not going to do any more work on it  - I'm really happy with the rest of it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty good to me - that blue is very striking and really makes the paint work pop. Great work!

    ReplyDelete