Thursday 11 November 2021

Warhammer Triumph and Treachery (and beer) - A Clash of Empires

As is traditional at about this time of year we assembled at the North Notts Palais des Jeux for the Stephen Green Birthday Drinkathon with Added Warhammer.

A five sided game with a battle for the soul of the Empire - four players using Empire and one Vampire Counts (representing Sylvania) to claim the throne.

Present were: me (mixed Empire), Stephen (Nordland) Spandex (Middenheim) Kiwi Kieran (more Nordland) and Kenton from Lenton (Sylvania)

We were playing for possession of five of the finest Green Warpstone metorites. 

We also had quite a lot of beer.

My force deployed in a corner



Unfortunately the Sylvanians were close by but the charming von Kentonstein assured me he meant me no harm. Almost exactly as he did the last time.



To my left were the Nordlanders of von Grun


Facing them, the rebel Nordlanders (or possibly these were the true Nordlanders and the others were the rebels, who knows/cares?) of Kieran von der Kivi


Finally the Middenheimers (with some late Nordland swordsmen substitutes) of Lord Spandex of Brexitland




Hmmmm - big bunch o'zombies. Fortunately they're not after me.




I pointed my shooting in the general direction of von Grun.




To my surprise the zombie horde started to bear in my general direction.



My pistoliers galloped off for a look at the glowing green thingy.


von Grun's knights strode forth.


I wiggled the Wissenland Whitespears.


The Nordland civil war got a bit frisky as the Greatswords broke through to the artillery park.


Lord Spandex bided his time.


The field of war at the end of the first turn or so.


Betrayed by Evil Black Hearted Kenton von Lenton my knights went to war.


Unperturbed by having greatsword in backfield the Nordland halberds and luminark pushed up.


Much buffing began


The nasty Hexwraith thingies were causing problems. Mostly because I had no offensive magic or any magic weapons. I was expecting to fight Empire men.



My gunline held firm but ineffectual.


Finally Kenton (of Lenton) poked his banshee and she finally wailed at the correct pitch - shattering four knights with one note.


The Nordland knights turned to face their turncoat brethren.



The Wissenland Whitespears decided they were in fact the Wissenland Brown Trousers and ran off.



A big blue and yellow bunfight began




Booooo! Zombies!
Hurrah! Beer!



Hmm a luminark in the woods


Finally the Sylvanians decided to fight someone else.



Hexwraiths, still causing trouble


Some time has passed. Everything in my army apart from the Hochland handgunners is dead or fled. Mostly fled.
 





The zombies are turning their limited attention to the Nordlanders of von Kivi




Nom, nom, nom.



Bang! Bang!

This bloke here is going to be dead soon.


An exercise in futility - firing a mortar at a horde of zombies.


The battlefield as the fighting dies down


I have quite a lot of other pictures that are too blurred to use, which is why the tale is a bit confused.

I think it may have been something to do with the beer.

Sylvania ended triumphant. I think. 

I *may* have come last but I don't think it counts if you can't remember.

Then we went to the pub.

Great game with splendid company

Hurrah for Warhammer.

1 comment: