Thursday 31 December 2020

Wargames Atlantic Pathans

The last of the box of Wargames Atlantic Afghans. Twelve more with firearms for games of The Men Who Would Be Kings.











Again mostly done with contrast paints and washes. A few more in darker colours than the last lot. There are more of the crouching figure in this group as I didn't want to use them for the more animated, charging Ghazis. I'll actually mix these in with the other unit with guns so it won't be quite so obvious.

One box gave 2x12 rifles and 1x16 with swords and shields - ideal for TMWWBK.

I've got the Perry set now, which are nicer figures, so I'll be cracking on with those in the New Year.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice and this very day I am thinking about Afghans to fight my unpainted back of beyond British expeditionary force ! Good motivation !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact now I have spent the day looking at afghans. I wonder if you have found any useful size comparisons for these guys. My British are Woodbine ww1 and I sense the Alt
      Antic Afghans are a little larger proportioned than the Perry option ?

      Delete
    2. There's a comparison pic of these with Artizan and Old Glory On this post http://tomstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2020/05/wargames-atlantic-afghans.html I've not done a comparison with the Perry ones yet as they're still on the sprue

      Delete
    3. Thanks I can see myself getting a box, will watch out to see how your Perry work out. I am aiming at Third Afghan war so will need to swop out some of the weapons though.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I am not familiar with this company.

    ReplyDelete