Thursday 12 November 2020

Plastic Afghan Ghazi Warriors

More models from the Wargames Atlantic plastic set.

I decided I wanted a unit of white clad Ghazi fanatics for my games of The Men Who Would Be Kings.

So I assembled these sixteen and sprayed them white.











Unfortunately my usually reliable Coat D'Arms wash separated  (I blameuser error - I failed to shake sufficiently) with the result they came our a bit pink and grainy.

I was too fed up to consider repainting, so did the best I could. 

They'll do at a distance.

5 comments:

  1. You are too hard on yourself Tom, they look great. The effect produced by the shading looks great.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James.
      I guess I just think they would have looked much nicer if I hadn't botched the wash.

      Delete
  2. Have heard some poorish reviews of these but they look absolutely fine to me 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're ok.
      My review wasn't glowing http://tomstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2020/05/wargames-atlantic-afghans.html
      I think now the Perry set is out I'm not sure why anyone would buy these instead.

      Delete
  3. I would not like to met them in a dark alley or mountain pass! Great work. Thanks for the painting technique and you are right, they will look great at gaming distance.

    ReplyDelete