Wednesday 30 September 2020

28mm Vegetable patches

As Martin correctly observed when we last played it's the detritus and little gardens that help to really set of a wargames table. I had a bunch of pre cut small MDF rectangles that were packaging for something or another that I'd squirreled away. So with some sand, some flock and some paper flowers I set to.






Vey simple. Sand and PVA to give a texture. Paint brown, then drybrush with oranges and off whites (I used decorators emulsion tester pots).
Then add some flocks, coarse turf and the like. The cabbages are craft shop paper roses - used for decorating greeting cards I believe. Paint them green and hey presto "cabbages" (probably slightly over sized but what the heck. Not my idea, stolen from Steve Jones (and subsequently used by many others).
Although intended for my Chain of Command games they're pretty generic and will do for anything from the Dark Ages to the present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment