Sunday 17 September 2023

Welsh King Maredudd ab Owain

I got this lovely Footsore model as a freebie a while ago with an order I did. TBH I'm not sure my order was big enough to qualify, but they threw him in anyway - thanks guys!

I don't have a Welsh army (though I'd quite like one, one day) but I started throwing some paint on him a while ago. And now he's finished.






After I'd finished painting the Welsh Dragon on his shield it occurred to me that I could have just used him as a character for my Picts (should they ever progress) or even in amongst my Saxons - one British Isles Dark Age warrior looking much like another. But I'm glad I went for the Welsh option - if only because it gives me an excuse to buy more soldiers.

Although mine was a freebie his is available to buy from Footsore

3 comments:

  1. Very Nice! I also have been feeling a pull back to the Dark Ages since we had a rehash of Dux Bellorum earlier this year, here:

    http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2023/01/2023-back-to-dark-ages.html

    I'm now putting together an Early Saxon Army, likely to be followed by Picts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dux Bellorum is a fun game we should play more often. Keep an eye out for MIdgard from Too Fat Lardies - it's great for Dark Ages games - due out later this year.

      Delete
    2. Interesting - thanks for the tip! Massed battles on grouped bases like DuxB? Or single based figures like other TFL games?

      Delete