Saturday 10 December 2022

Two games of Lord of the Rings

Over to my chum's house once more for a game of Lord of the Rings (or Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game or whatever it's called this week) with him and his son.

Although we played a few campaign type games based on the films earlier in the year we've reverted to three player games - means we all get a bit more involved.

This time we used a scenario from the old (but not the original) rulebook - where you're fighting for a central objective (in our case a fire - cost of living crisis hits ME) and your troops appear late and randomly.

All the scenery is young N.'s work following YouTube tutorials and modelling guides - impressive stuff.


My Wargs went zooming toward the warmth of the fire.


N.'s Rohan warriors massed in one corner.


My forces made swift progress.


Both of us were busy hammering N's dad's forces.


The Rohan troops made short, brutal work of the Morannon Orcs and Warg riders.


Meanwhile my Shaman and some Wargs were disputing the fire.


Gnashrak was lurching up a bit late.


At this point the Maronnon courage failed them but the game ended before they all fled leaving the fire disputed. I came second in the roll-off, so Morannon claimed the win. Chizz, chizz!

As LotRSEBGM games take less time to play than it does to say the full name of the product we decided to go again. This time N.'s dad sat it out and we played a straight Orcs v Rohan fight.

My troll made for the middle of the board to throw his weight about.


But my forces were getting cut up by the Rohan boys.


Although my shaman had success in the middle my flanks crumbled and with it went my morale and remaining models!
Win for Rohan.


Good fun to get the LotR toys out again and N's scenery makes for great games.

1 comment: