Wednesday 13 July 2022

Triumph and Treachery in the Chaos Wastes

Stephen, Kieran, Kenton (from Lenton) and I got together on the hottest day of the year to lurk in a darkened shed and play soldiers.

This was to be a four player Triumph and Treachery game. Steve is off to the Isle of Man soon so this is likely to be the last T&T game for a while. In fact it was originally scheduled for Easter but I managed to get myself double booked. I then nearly did the same thing again for this one.

The plan was a simple one. As befits such simple folk as we. Four players, four Chaos Powers in a deathmatch. We could each take 1200 points of Chaos (either Daemons, Warriors or Beastmen) with Khorneton taking the Blood God, Scheming Kieran taking Tzeentch, Smelly Steve Papa Nurgle and I would take followers of the Dark Prince. We would then also each have 300 points of allies.

So far so simple. Except that when Khorneton turned up he appeared to have a mixed force of Khorne Warriors and Nurgle Daemons with some Khorne Daemon allies. Kieran had also included some Slaaanesh Warriors in his force. This meant that whatever the outcome of the actual game Steve and I had already won. Simply by DOING WARHAMMER PROPER.

The plains of the Chaos Wastes. Note all pink Slaanesh force with Dark Elf (thematic) allies.


Each force also had to have a monolith to defend. I made a pink shaft for Slaanesh, Khroneton had a very nice bucket of blood and Tzeentch had a cool embossed stone.
Steve hadn't made one, so I immediately was guaranteed to win the whole game because I hadn't cheated with army lists and had built a monolith.


See, no stone.



We were playing a scenario from the old Generals Compendium, slightly modified.  There were spawn everywhere, an Eldritch pool, scenery moved around and so on and so forth.


I ended up facing off against Papa Nurgle, but kept an eye on the Khorne host on my flank.


Spawn ran around being annoying.


I moved onto Steve's flank


The Red Men went for the blue men.



Oooh, a spawn in the rear!


The DP Thunderstomped the Nurgle Warriors.


Another Spawn laid in to the Fiends.
This particular spawn had just cannoned into the back of Steve's Lord unit, won the combat (as a result of charging the rear) and then broken and run down the Warriors and Lord.
Steve failed to see the funny side of this turn of events.


Blue and Red clashed.



The winds of Chaos blew the Tzeentch monolith over towards the Bloodletters. Who attacked it.


Papa Nurgles boys waddled about.


While the Daemonettes stroked their shaft protectively.


The Khorne mincing machine meets a different sort of mincing warriors.


Nurgle Warriots in the service of Khorneton crash into the Nurgle substitute monolith.


Kieran's Wizard surfs into combat with a guy in a mobility palanquin.



Putrid Sodding Blight Kings!


A succession of cards from Steve and I meant we neither of us could charge home.

The Seekers wisely thought better of completing this charge.


Putrid Bloody Blight Kings.



The Tzeentch Lord went off in search of more victims.



And got Bloodletters in the face!


Soon after this we called a halt,

Khorne Daemon Magic had killed my Daemon Prince and made my allies flee.

I had but a single Brass Coin to my name. As did Steve. The two Ks both had piles of coins. But as they cheated and Steve hadn't made a monolith I was the winner.

But really, as always, Warhammer was the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment