Tuesday 19 May 2020

Perry British Napoleonic Rifle Command

Three metal command to lead my riflemen.






Truth to tell these were not much fun to paint. Quite why the finest sculptors in the business persist in using a metal caster who seemingly likes to work in the dark wearing oven gloves and sunglasses is one of life's enduring mysteries.
Endless cleaning up and just a slightly lumpy quality to them.

These three brings my painted rifles total to nine. Best see if I can find another three in the plastic pile to give me two units of six.

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Tom. I was looking longingly at the Brigade Games riflemen earlier today.
    As you say, why they continue to have their moulds cut this way I'll never know, they could do worse than turn them over to Pete at the Mould Maker, not like they would have far to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or get Northstar to do them?
      TBF I opened a pack of Perry artillery last night and they're a bit nicer than these ones were.

      Delete
  2. Rather dashing fellows though...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete