Saturday 4 April 2020

Perry Afrika Korps for Chain of Command

These have been in my painting queue for quite some time.
At one point I was going to try and convert them to Gebirgsjager for Crete. And then I had a word with myself.
Fortunately I then discovers Vallejo Sepia wash. Also General Ballroom gave me some spare sprues he had. And here we are.

The senior leader commands the force


Then there are three sections of eleven, each led by a Junior leader and  divided into a team of three  rifles plus a two man MG34 and four rifles and an MG34

Section one:



Section two:



Section three:



Also had enough for a 5cm mortar - one of the support options.


This is a usable starter force, but I need to make some further support options. Already on the way are a radio operator (to call in heavy mortar support), a sniper team, an anti-tank rifle and a medical orderly.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. The DAK has always been a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I've always had a soft spot for the Dak too. Mainly I think because I bought a 1/35 Tamiya Desert Tiger about 40 years ago. Won't be any Tigers with this lot though.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Tom, I know there are loads of 8th Army British about to give them a game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I figured I wouldn't be short of opponents. Just need to get them down off that mountain in Africa...

      Delete