Thursday 30 April 2020

Isengard forces

Over the last few months I've played a few games with one of my old university chums, or more specifically with his young son.
Young N. has a Lord of the Rings collection and I have extensive LotR armies too, so they come over to the Soldier Shack and I provide armies for me and his dad and away we go in three player style.
It always reminds me what a good little system LotR is (at least as long as you stick to relatively small forces - it starts to get very dull when there's endless individual combats to resolve).
It's certainly spurred me on to dig through some of my boxes of Lord of the Rings models and get some painted - some of which I used at Hammerhead for our Dragon Rampant Middle Earth game.

When we play N. uses the good guys, I generally take Easterlings and my chum has to make do with an assortment of Uruk Hai. Apparently N. has been using lockdown to get more things painted (like most of us) so I figured maybe some Isengard reinforcements would be in order.
Also I just quite fancied painting Sauruman.

First a group shot with Sauruman, Lurtz, Ugluk and a crossbowman.


Suruman with slight variations in lighting and background.




Lurtz - I've not attempted the white hand on his face - I may go back and try that later.



Ugluk


And a metal crossbowman - i wonder whatever happened to the other two that must have been in the blister?



I've now got 12 Uruk Hai plastic trackers underway. That's probably enough.

3 comments: