Tuesday 31 December 2013

Star Wars X-Wing on New Year's Eve

So with Mrs Tom's Toy Soldiers catching up on her Phd, the boys and I, at a loose end on NYE, set up for a game of X-Wing.
Smallest boy took a Y-Wing and and X-Wing with Luke in, while son and heir had a pair of TIEs and I took the TIE Advanced.

After much low quality maneuvering, Luke and the Y-wing blasted apart one if the TIEs, but the remaining Imperials managed to corner and eventually blow apart the slow moving warhorse.
With eldest boy running for cover I went headlong toward Mr Skywalker expecting that I'd crash and burn and maintain harmony in the household for another evening, but it didn't quite work out like that. The Force was weak with the small boy and all shots missed, whereas I managed to put the three damage I needed on the hero of the Alliance and re-write the history of the galaxy far, far away...
However, credit where its due, the youngest took his defeat in good part and all's well as night descends.
A cracking good little game is X-Wing - I must get it out with the kids more often.

 The forces of evil mass over the sands of Tatooine

 The Alliance ships scatter as the TIEs approach

 Luke flies by the TIE Advanced


 The Y-Wing approaches its nemesis

Luke fires...and misses...

Two post on one day (and two games in less than 24 hours!) brings 2013 to a close.
Happy New Year to everyone who visits here - I hope you've enjoyed my ramblings this last twelve months.
Thanks for taking the time to drop by, I hope next year is a good one for you and yours.
Expect more of the same in 2014.

1 comment:

  1. It is a great game, I got more X-Wing goodies for Christmas :)

    Happy New Year to yourself and the family.

    ReplyDelete