Wednesday 21 March 2012

Early Church WiP (1)

I started work on this earlier today.
It'll be a simple Romano British Church for my Saxons to pillage/be converted in.







Similar construction to all my buildings, foamcore, PVA and pins while it dries. I'll be thatching the roof I reckon, and giving it a timber frame and wattle and daub walls (very little evidence of early early churches in Britain, suggesting a predominantly wooden construction).

Have just realised I should probably have cut out any doors or windows before starting assembly. *sigh*

8 comments:

  1. Starting to take shape. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always slice down the joins and then put in the doors and windows. It´s too much fiddly work to add them when the construction is that far already.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Tom.

    You're starting to become a veritable Dark Age Barrat Homes ;O)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool work so far, Keen to see the progress and finished product. :)

    cheers

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start. But if you do follow Paul's suggestion of slicing the joins and adding doors then why not go the whole way and make a lift off roof so you can put models witihin.

    Cheers

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start. I would try and cut out the doors and windows carefully now. Sharp blade and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the feedback and tips.
    I have managed to insert doorways, and am still in possession of all my fingers.

    As for modelling the interior - that would require too many ALTAR-ations.

    I thangew. I'm here all week.

    Can't decide what to do about windows. I'm thinking some small ones up on the high level (I may just put a frame on and paint them in) but can't decide if I need some in the lower level.
    It's all speculative as far as I can tell, so up to me I guess. Thoughts anyone?

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete