Monday 21 March 2022

14th Bengal Lancers

These have been in the lead pile for a while and finally made it to the top.

Lovely Artizan sculpts












I took advice from the fount of all NWF knowledge Mad Guru on the Lead Adventure forum. His Maiwand Day blog is *the* source of information for gaming in "the Grim" (as British soldiers referred to the NWF) - I heartily recommend a visit and a follow.
I had found an illustration of turban colours and the 14th "seemed" to be in red - which I think looks rather spiffing and he confirmed that was indeed the case. The yellow on the officers turban should apparently be "gold" but I decided actually using gold paint would be too "bling" so went with a bright yellow instead. It was suggested I could paint them in full "dress" uniform - a rich blue coat with gold and red trim - but I'd already blasted them with khaki spray, so went for the service uniform. 

4 comments: