Saturday 22 May 2021

Warhammer - Orcs v. Vampires

At last the lockdown eases and we can play face-to-face soldiers once more.
So naturally Stephen and I decided to play Warhammer, the greatest of all the games.

Simple 2k line'em up and go at it 8th edition Warhammer.

Only phone pictures, so sorry about the quality

Somewhere in a corner of the Old World...



Always nice when Stephen pull his rancid purple Ghoulies out.


Looks like he's got some big bloated purple ghoulies these days.


Dead Dogs. I painted these, years ago. They make me sad.


Early on Stephen rolled big on the Winds of Magic and got all excited about casting the big death spell.

Then he rolled lots of ones and it failed. I definitely didn't laugh. Much.

I had three chariots and razzed them straight into Stephen's ghoulies


Sadly the Black Orcs got a face full of giant ghoulie, and nobody wants that.


Zombies came to try and give Stephen a hand with his ghoulies.


While the Black Orcs went down.


The Boarboys meanwhile charged the Dead Knights (helped by another chariot).


The Death Cart slammed in to some of the boys



Finally Gruzzkupp and the Big 'Uns went toe to toe with the Fencing Vampire.



In the end I killed enough Graveguard to pop Zorro Von Carstein, despite him inconveniently chopping Gruzzkupp's head off.

At which point it was all over for the dead guys.

Great to be playing Warhammer again. My dice were quite hot (at least early on) and Stephens were not.
Warhammer is the best of all the games - I wonder why we ever play anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment