Saturday 20 March 2021

Cold Steel 2009

Some more old pictures from an industrial unit on the outskirts of Evesham in February 2009.

Cold Steel always lived up to its name - several layers were always advisable. 

Another splendid Warhammer Ancient Battles one day event hosted by the Gripping Beast boys.

Obviously time and age has clouded my memories, but I've no doubt it was great, that I lost more games than I won and that I played Jim Sweeney at least once - these were the immutable laws of WAB events.

I think the Romano British army in the first few pictures is actually that of Andy Hawes.

In the second game it looks like my burly Saxons are picking on some malnourished children - stealing their dinner money no doubt. I think they may have been Duncan McFarlane's (former owner/editor of Wargames Illustrated) venerable 25mm Minifigs force. He was of the opinion that mine were the incorrect size. 













1 comment:

  1. Another lovely walk down WAB-memory lane, Tom! Beautifully painted figures and terrain.

    ReplyDelete