Thursday 5 December 2019

Warhammer 8th edition Ogres v Orcs

General B. was unable to play this week (get well soon) so Steve and I seized the opportunity to play the Greatest of All the Games - Warhammer.

he took Orcs. I took Ogres. I also took some very poor pictures. I blame the sub standard lighting levels in the North Notts Gaming Hall.

 Incey Wincey and the savage orcs stuck together on the left flank.


My Iron Guts took a chariot in the face. I think Steve was trying to hold me up, rather than expecting it to kill anything.


Toward the centre the Orc Biguns caught my big Bull unit.



A second chariot crashed in to the trappers, but sadly passed the difficult terrain test.



The yetis charged the not at all Cheesy "Night Goblins with a Forest Goblin standard bearer with Spider Banner and regular goblin hero to get better leadership for the unit" Combo. They did little and died poorly.


The smaller Bull unit was attacked by the Savage Orcs. Fortunately the butcher managed to increase toughness and make the unit stubborn.


 Having chopped the chariots into kindling the Iron Guts decided to test great weapons against a Ginat Spider.

 The rain of poisoned arrows had whittled the Belcers down to a single model.


Jenkins the Sabretooth was doing sterling service march blocking stuff.

Orcs. Just 'cos.

In the end i destroyed the Orc left wing , but ran out of big grey bodies anywhere else on the battlefield.
And so victory to the foul greenskins

I do like a good game of Warhammer

No comments:

Post a Comment