Monday 3 September 2018

Warhammer Triumph and Treachery - Orcs, Ogres, Skaven and allies...

Stephen, Spandex and myself met up at the Sherwood Soldier Shack for an inaugural big game of The best Wargame Ever - Warhammer.

As this would effectively "christen" the Soldier Shack we went large and decided on a game of Triumph and Treachery.
Spandex took a filthy combo of filthy rats and even filthier Dark Elves, Stephen had Orcs with some Skellybob allies and I took a very small force of Ogres with a unit of Dwarfs in support.

The Orc horde

Brown and ratty. And that's just the bloke rolling the dice.


Noble Ogres

LottsoTrolls

The alliance of filthiness built a firebase up on a hill. I shot at the squishy elves with Leadbelchers. Hur-hur.


Plague monks with a big bell manned by a big bell-end lumbered towards me. Spandex protested that he really didn't want to fight me. But he did it anyway.
How I chuckled when his own mortar killed a bunch of monks.


Meanwhile the boarboys failed an animosity test and charged some slaves.


By the time it was my turn (I was in the middle and went last, inevitably) I was already in trouble. The Ironguts charged and failed to kill the giant, then got a chariot in the flank.


The frankly terrifying big rat gribbly charged across the swamp at the Leadbelchers. Things looked bleak.
However we'd never really used a swamp before so Steve and I were both delighted when the roll came up for a Mist wreathed one.
It's OK Andy you just need to pass a toughness test...


One roll of a six later and the mighty beast had sunk beneath the murky waters of the swamp. Steve and I were very sympathetic.

Turning on the boarboys a shooting attack from the bell saw them flee the field. From a position of perilousness I was suddenly winning.

The Ironguts murdered the giant in the face and then wailed on the skellys and the wraith.


At this point the foolishness of playing T&T on a school night sank in. We'd managed two turns and it was time for bed

However the important thing was we'd had loads of toys out, played The Best Wargame Ever and Warhammer was the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment