Saturday 19 January 2013

SAGA Scots (1)

I took advantage of the recent North Star sale (thanks Nick!) to pick up some cheap SAGA dice for my Scots faction, and while I was there I picked up a couple of blisters of Crusader Scots that, once finished and added to the Warlord and Thanes I've already painted will give me a four point warband.
Here's a few shots of them on the workbench:
Bare metal:


And then after a coat of Plastikote Matt Chocolate Brown spray:



I'm really struggling to get my camera to focus at the moment. I think it may be on the way out.

These guys did actually get a minor run out last week against my regular SAGA opponent's nascent Welsh warband. But given that both of us were fielding largely brown (me) or black (him) warbands I took no pictures.
Also as we were both wrestling with new and complicated boards I can't even really give a brief report - except to say that at the end neither warlord lay dead and I lost on a casualty count-up (new warband, same old story).

The current Mrs Tom's Toy Soldiers is away this weekend, so I'm hoping to make some more progress on these chaps.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't you finished them yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently painted a Saga Scots army made up mostly of Crusader. Great figures!

    ReplyDelete