Saturday 6 January 2018

Frostgrave Alchemical Monstrosity

Before luring the Gaming Heir back to Frostgrave I was expecting to have to play some solo games, so started gathering the bits together for the Dark Alchemy campaign.
The main thing I needed for the first scenario was an Alchemical Monstrosity.
There's no official model and the description is (deliberately) vague so I needed to think about a model. Fortunately I remembered I had an old Games Workshop Chaos Spawn in the Lead Mountain which seemed ideal for the job.






It's a lovely model, though a bit of a pain to glue together.
Simple paintjob using lots of washes - very quick to do and happy with how it turned out.

3 comments:

  1. It’s certainly a monstrosity - I’d never noticed the arm hanging out the back before! Your paint job certainly makes it a fleshy horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's *most* of a body on there somewhere. Presumably the remains of the poor soul 'lucky' enough to have achieved Spawndom.

      Delete