Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Early Church WiP (4)

The Church has progressed.
I have added the side door (from Warbases) and then I “rendered” the walls with a mix of fine play sand, PVA and filler, watered down and painted on.
After a prolonged drying I undercoated the whole thing in grey primer. This was mainly because that was what I had to hand, but it may have been a tactical error as it showed through for some time, especially on the toweling on the roof.
Once the undercoat was dry I pulled out the trusty Wilkinson’s testers and gave the walls and thatch a good couple of coats:

Next stop, finishing. Possibly


  1. Looking good so far. Now it's about time to get some paint on the walls, I guess.