Saturday 1 September 2018

40K Tree Campaign - Orks v Templars Rescue!

Having lost the first game I was now forced to go out and rescue an abandoned nob, wandering around No Ork's Land with all the detailed plans for the Waaagh written on a postage stamp in his pocket.
The Gaming Heir got two free sets of sentries and wisely decided to take two full squads of marines, which rather filled the table.



I bundled forward with a couple of squads and murdered some marines, nice and quiet like.
Then searched the nearest piece of terrain. And found the nob!


This was both a blessing and a curse. I'd got him, nice and early, and near my table edge, but I couldn't just run him off the board, I had to keep him alive for (at least) four more turns. And what's more all the Templar reinforcements would be turning up!


I quickly bundled the rescued Nob onto a truck and sped off away from the bikers and jump marines who began descending on him.


Then I just threw boys into the meat grinder.


Fortunately Nobs with power claws are quite frisky and dealt with both bikes and jump marines.


However the Chaplain on Bike and Emperor's Champion now had the Objektive Ork cornered. I was running out of boys.



Fortunately the boss nob sacrificed himself to the EC, andthe Chaplain failed his charge. And his BT charge re-roll. And then I rolled a five and the game ended with the Objektive Ork still alive.
A win. At last a win for the Greenskins!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Good to see the Orks finally getting a win!

    ReplyDelete