Tuesday 4 December 2018

Chain of Command Campaign (4)

Way back in September General Ballroom and I got all giddy about the idea of a Chain of Command campaign.
So  I generated characters and generated a campaign ladder and the beastly Germans were also rolled up.
Then we got distracted, Steve came back to play, time went by...

Anyway, recently Steve was in Worcester or something so General B and I were able to have a game!

The campaign began with the patrol scenario on the outskirts of Tromné-sur-Ilq.

 A peaceful June morning, Normandy, 1944

The river Ilq flowing serenely by

 Hurrah! for the brave Americans

 Booo, its Fritz!
I moved to occupy a central large house then bought on flanking troops. My plan was to try and seize the German jump off points and cause their morale to collapse.


Sadly General B had other ideas and made rapid advances with his Heer.


Who set up their MG42s and shot the living bejeezus out of the men in the house.


My advance on the right stalled and I decided surviving and trying again was a better idea than sustaining any more casualties.
This is what sets campaign games apart. In a regular game I'd have hung on and hoped for some lucky dice, but with a Junior Leader down and most of the squad out of action I needed to conserve strength for the next battle.

A relatively short and bloody game to begin the campaign. I have to remember to Move and Fire with the Americans. sitting around waiting for the Germans to get their Buzzsaws up and running is a recipe for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment