Thursday 20 November 2014

Nelly (3)

I repainted the elephant.



I gave the whole thing a coat of grey (obviously) primer, then painted the body with Adeptus Battlegrey, gave it a Badab Black wash then drybrushed with Adeptus and then Astronomican grey.
The tusks were painted with Snakebite Leather, then Bone and white and the toenails given a similar treatment. The eyes I painted Scorched Brown. Then he was based to match my 28mm Darkest Africa tribesmen.

 Yikes!

 Comparison shot with Foundry Tribesman

Not bad for a quid.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent results, imagine how much that would have cost in lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to imagine - I Googled a few metal ones before I spotted this. Made my eyes water a bit!
    :)
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work! I have a similar project planned with a poundstore dragon for Of Gods & Mortals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding stuff. If you didn't know better you'd think it was a commercial kit.

    ReplyDelete