Stage two was a simple drybrush with Graveyard Earth:
The next stage was a light drybrush with Bleached Bone:
Then I added a little bit of sand, painted brown and drybrushed followed by some static grass to the foot and they were done:
Overall I'm very pleased with them. Cheap, effective and plentiful. My only concern is that they are (inevitably) very light and with only the small foot attached they may move around/fall over. Obviously this would be easy to fix by adding a base but I'm lazy and also would like to be able to use the same fences on both my green and desert boards, so the unobtrusive foot is ideal. Also, by the time I've made and added bases I've increased the cost and labour involved to a point where it might be better just to buy resin ones.
I'll give them a whirl as is and can always go back and add a base later.
Here's a couple of shots of fences with their proud Late Roman owners for scale.
Great product in my opinion. If you need wattle fences, grab them.
Now it might be time for some of their Saxon tents...