Monday 6 January 2020

Lord of the Rings Easterlings

An old (non-wargaming) chum from university days has a young son who is very enthusiastic about playing the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings game (or The Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game as I believe the current official title has it). So the two of them have been over a few ties for some games in The Soldier Shack. Saturday saw a three way battle involving Orcs and Harad (son), Gondorians, Rangers and Elves (chum) and Easterlings (me) that I didn't take any pictures of.
Eventually I triumphed (largely by waiting until they hit the point of having to take courage tests and ran away).

My survivors still being on the table this evening I took a snap.


Whilst getting ready for the game I got out all my painted LotR models, which is, as it turns out, quite a large number. Mostly about ten or twelve of each individual faction. I mainly played small specific scenarios and Battle Companies - or just painted a couple of sprues for the heck of it.
Apart from the Easterlings, which were my War of the Ring army and consequently number well over 100 models.
They've not all gone back in to storage yet so I'm tempted to set up some photos for the blog.

2 comments: