Wednesday 1 May 2019

Loki

At the weekend I went to the annual Midlands Viking Symposium in Leicester. A very interesting day where serious academics discuss Vikings.This year's discourse took in Shield Maidens (not much historical textual evidence for them - regardless of what some archaeologists might claim) Raids on Walmart, Knitting Nazis and the challenges of getting Vikings to new audiences. I *may* do a proper post about it all at some point.

However the main outcome was that I got all excited about Vikings for Of Gods and Mortals again, and so finished off Loki. I'm not entirely certain this is what the serious academics had in mind...




I'm afraid I did go a bit Marvel in the choice of colours for his clothing.
It's a cracking, really characterful sculpt. Annoyingly the undercoat dd a bobbly thing you can just see on the corner of his cloak - but I was too far into painting him before I realised.

Finally here he is with he Valkyrie that I painted last month - just to give a scale comparison.
She's a slight 28mm model, possibly nearer 25mm.
He looks suitably god-like for my purposes.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, though TBH it practically painted itself!

      Delete
  2. Nice work Tom. I've been having bobbly primer issues myself of late.

    ReplyDelete