Sunday 3 March 2019

Hammerhead Swag

Although James was unable to get to Hammerhead yesterday, I was able to persuade Steve to come with me for a quick peruse and purchase.
I even took my camera, intending to get shots of games, but then forgot to include the memory card like some kind of eejit.
So you just get to see what I bought.

Here's the whole pile.

You'll notice some Kallistra hills - I want to finish off terrain for my TMWWBK forces, either NWF or Sudan and these will be ideal.
I also got some more paint to replace the expiring Citadel stocks - grey and earth from the Tree Fellas (still only two of them, not tree) and some Gun Metal CDA.
There's also a few (more) Warbases movement trays because it's against the law to come home from a wargames show without the smell of burnt MDF somewhere about your person.

All of which is very jolly, "but what about soldiers, Tom?" I hear my legion of followers (thank you both) chorus.
Well I'm glad you asked.

OGAM with James has triggered off thoughts about some other models I could use.
I have a bunch of the Gripping Beast plastic Vikings I painted up many moons ago, so how about a Norse faction? After all James has loads of Red Book of the Elf King trolls...

And so, whilst perusing Annie's Bad Squiddo stand I found this:


A Valkyrie, ideal for a hero.
There are several other models from the range I'm now tempted to get, especially Hel and the witch on a moose!

I already knew about (and had planned to get) these...


Terrible "in bag" picture, so here they are out of the plastic
From SHQ their 40mm-ish  Norse gods.


From L-R Odin, Loki, Thor and Sif. They're great and only £8 for the four models (so 2 quid each, bargain!). Not sure about Thor's helmet. On the one hand Vikings didn't have horned helmets, on the other he's a god he can do what he likes (and it'll annoy all the people who like to point out that Vikings didn't have horned helmets).

So project OGAM Norse is officially go!

Other soldiers include the show model, Wellington - which I couldn't pass up for just £1.


And finally Laurel and Hardy (and Sergeant Major Finlayson) from Empress.


I love L&H (and thoroughly enjoyed the recent Stan and Ollie film) so when I spotted these i decided I had to have them. They're "Jazz Age" NWF models and come with a mortar, but I reckon I'll use them as crew for my mountain gun in TMWWBK games (anyone wishing to count rivets and point out uniform inaccuracies is mistaking me for someone who cares).

1 comment:

  1. I love those Laurel & Hardy set, they might have to go on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete