Sunday 20 October 2024

Midgard:Battle of Five Armies at Partizan - Part One, Set Up

Once again I had the pleasure of being one of Mr James Morris' Chums at the Partizan show. This time we were to stage the Battle of Five Armies from the Hobbit - a seminal battle for many a fantasy wargames hobbyist.

As it turned out my actual hobbying skills (such as they are) would not be required on this occasion, more talented and productive chaps than I would be providing all the soldiers, James would of course sort out the scenery (as well as providing a good chunk of the models. AllI was required to do was stand around and talk to people about the rules, and as I am very fond of the sound of my own voice this suited me down to the ground.

I did also take a *lot* of pictures, so I'll split them up over multiple posts. In the end I didn't actually roll a single dice all day and took no part in the actual game, so my coverage will be mostly eye candy.

Before the doors were flung wide we had to set up and awfully big table and an awful lot of models





















These last two pictures show some models that took no part in the game, but are nevertheless important bits of related warames history. They are from the collection of the late Joe Dever which James purchased a few years ago and are clearly heavily Tolkien inspired Orc types.




Set up over it was time for the punters to come in and gaming to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment