Monday 29 January 2024

Warbases - or should that be Wafflebases?

So Warhammer: The Old World requires your models to be on different sized bases from the ones that were used in previous editions. Well, actually it doesn't - there's even a paragraph in the book to explain that you don't, however the intent is that they're on different sized bases. 

Fortunately the estimable chaps at Warbases have produced a solution - sabot bases to slot your models in to.

Half way through our game on Saturday a knock on the door heralded the arrival of parcel

The familiar yellow and red Warbases logo

The redolent smell of freshly lazered MDF

Simple enough - just pop your models in the slots 

I went for an 8x3 for the spears, but I got a 6x4 as well - I'm not sure which will be right


The extra space actually makes ranking up the pistoliers easier. Though one is still seemingly determined to shoot his colleague in the chest.




These will work just fine for my purposes. 

They'll need some sand and grass adding, but effectively they're just another movement tray (rather irritatingly rendering my existing movement trays unnecessary).

Someone on the Book of Face was alarmed that such rigid shapes would limit my ability to make maximum use of the nuances of manoeuvre, reforming and exploiting the arrangements of my troops to maximise their efficiency in the game. I had to explain to him that although I appreciated his concern I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment