Saturday 3 June 2023

Wormaster - Warmaster Tournament Game Three

Sure enough game three dawned with my in just about mid table respectaility on table four. Where I would be playing Murray with his very nice Norse army. I know Murray from ye olden days of Warmaster when I'd see him at events and he came and played at the Winter Warmer events I organised at Warhammer World. It was great to see him again and we were soon reminiscing about tournaments gone by.

The scenario was a stand up fight, but any unitls killed by the General would count for double victory points. So it was likely to be a bloodbath.

I lost the scouting roll and so deployed first, spreading my forces across the table. Murray very wisely castled his force up in the corner, well out of cannon range.

The Norse are a mostly infantry army. With added Hairy Elephants.



After the big block approach had failed me twice, and following a bit of sage advice from previous opponent Jim, I switched the cavalry to a line formation.


Murray's left flank was anchored on a hill - a special one (card) that made any leader on it +1 command value. Very handy indeed.


The Hairy Elephants pushed up, but stayed clear of cannon range.



The Steam Tank was snet on a flanking mission.
Poop-Poop!



The I rolled a blunder. Followed by a 1. More imaginative readers are advised to create a large smoking crater in the centre of this image.


My force began to close in on the recalcitrant barbarians.


White Wolves  - demonstrating their renowned courage and foolhardiness in a single image.



Ranked infantry had a better go against the Big Hairy Elephant.


But another BHE still covered the Norse flank and rear.


My general got involved - Big Game Hunting in a quest for points.





It all began to get quite messy.



 Eventually there was a huge pile up in the centre. My general went down, but try as I might my forces couldn't finish off the Norse general.

In the end count up Murray had run out a clear winner, helped in no small part by the points coughed up when my general died.

It was a really good fun game filled with terrible jokes, good humour and a few misty eyed reminiscences.

And with that the tournament came to an end. As a result of getting my general killed twice I was entered into a tie-breaker and emerged victorious clutching a bottle of Worcester's renowned sauce!

A great day out, three realy good games with great opponents and a well run event with like minded souls.
Massive thanks to Ian and Stevyn for organising the whole thing. I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment