Saturday 24 June 2023

Swan Knight of Dol Amroth

One of the first models I ever purchased (from the late lamented Model Shop in Hull) was from the original Citadel Lord of the Rings range ME75 Knight of Dol Amroth

Image lifted from Stuff of Legends website

I remember I took ages painting him to the best of my ability, but he's sadly no longer in my posession.

Looking through the stash recently I came across a bag of the more recent Games Workshop iterations of this model. These were the original metal ones. If I remember correctly I was given the bag as a joke. When I worked in the Studio we had a painting evening - rushing to complete large forces for the release of War of the Ring and eating pizza. As one of the most rudimentary painters in attendance I was given the thankless task of drybrushing the armour on Swan Knights while members of the 'eavy Metal and hobby teams mocked my slowness and poor technique. The bag of assembled and undercoated leftovers appeared on my desk soon afterwards accompanied by general sniggering from the area of the Games Dev. team, I suspect Jeremy Vetrock had a hand in the matter. 
Anyway the bag went into the leadpile where it laid unloved until the other day. Fancying a change of pace I thought I'd see how quick it was to paint up a single knight, so I selected the one least damaged in the intervening fifteen years or so and set to.
I'm quite pleased with the results.










There's another four or five in the bag (though they may need a little TLC) so I may make a small force of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment