Thursday 7 December 2017

Compagnie Franches de la Marine

Some months ago the members of the Sherwood, Hucknall and Ilkeston Team decided as one to assemble forces for the French and Indian war. Our rules of choice to be Muskets and Tomahawks.

Steve immediately painted up some plastic Perry AWI models to use as redcoats. General Ballroom and I take great pleasure in telling him they're the wrong period.

At the same time I purchased the models I needed but knew I had to finish the Late Romans for Peterborough.

Now, decks clear I have begun work.

I shall be playing the French and so began with the Warlord (Conquest Miniatures) Compagnie Franches de la Marine.

Ten including a couple of characters seemed a good start.










Truth to tell I'm not a fan of the models.
They're "characterful".
Not in an "oh my god, my eyes, my beautiful eyes" sense of characterful like, for instance the Tiger miniatures Afghans, but the faces are a bit cartoony and the sizes and proportions seem to me to vary quite considerably.

Anyway they're done now, bar basing which I'll do for the whole force at the same time.
Next up some Crusader Woodland Indians I reckon.

3 comments: