Monday 28 February 2022

Warhammer Empire Middenheim Swordsmen

Well of course being from Middenheim they're not armed with swords - these blokes all have hammers!





All made from the very nice Perry sculpted plastic kit, with the hammer upgrades from the Middenheim "hairy head" sprue. I decided not to use the Middenheim arms and so snipped off the swords and replaced with a hammer shaft. I also decided against the hairy heads themselves - for one thing they're slightly larger than the Perry ones and for another they look a bit rough.



The shield transfers I got from Magister Militum - they're VVV ones.

The command uses metal bits from the (I think) crossbow upgrade set with the horn arm coming from the more recent pistoliers kit.





Contrast paints for the most part, though the arms are whire, with a sepia wash and then white highlights. I'm very pleased with them.

I'm also very pleased that I managed to do a blog post every single day in February. I started off with quite a few consecutive posts without realising, then, about half way through I decided to go for the full twenty-eight days. Which made it altogether rather a chore! But I'm glad I persisited.
Normal sporadic service will resume tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Great classic figures. The hammer conversion without using the hairy heads and the cloaks, is a great one, and really makes them seem like state troops.

    I loved this era of Warhammer (although I wish I had been more disciplined about buying stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These chaps look splendid! Very smart painting indeed 😎
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete