Tuesday 29 September 2020

Making 28mm Hedges

My ongoing attempts to make more scenery for my Chain of Command WW2 games led me to hedges.

Many moons ago I bought a big bag of steel wool - so that would form the basis of my efforts.

I also made use of more of the craft sticks/tongue depressors.


This is what you're aiming for:


First cut off some steel wool, then roll it into a ball. A rugby league ball shape - very important to make sure it's not union ball shaped - that would be rubbish.


Then use some hot glue


To stick it to the end of the stick.


Add more balls until the stick is full. Then make some more sticks.


Spray the whole lot black.


Then spray with green - you could also use brown. (not sure how necessary this step is, really)


Then spray with spray adhesive. This stuff seems monster sticky "industrial strength".


Then tip flock over it and leave to dry.


I made five foot of hedges in about half an hour (plus some drying time)


It makes pretty fields.


And is just the right height for plucky Tommies to pop beastly Jerry from behind.


3 comments: