Thursday 16 July 2020

Greek Gods with Contrast Paints

I recently bought some more of the SHQ (formerly Chiltern Miniatures) Greek Gods.
I was after a Hades, but decided to get another pack too to make the postage worthwhile.
I like these for my Of Gods and Mortals games.
Then, having bought some Contrast paints to speed up the fauns it occurred to me I could do the same thing on the gods, just to see how easy it was.
And very easy it proved. These took about an hour in total - plus some drying time. The skin (in particular) isn't perfect on miniatures this side, and they're a bit crude overall, but these were definitely very much bonus models and to have them turned around so quick is great.

First up Hephaestus

Then Atalanta

The pair together

Then a couple of size comparison shots with a Crusader miniatures Greek warrior.



Very happy with these - though I think I might paint Hades "properly".

1 comment: