First the Men at Arms. All lovely Claymore Castings models.
Then a unit of elite Billmen, also from Claymore.
Then two units of elite archers. Using the very old Perry sculpted Bretonnian models from the Warhammer 5th edition starter set.
The bases are a mix of the Tajima1 tufts, some coarse turf and a few patches of static grass applied in the traditional fashion.
The tufts are brilliant. I think I'll be buying more. The small ones didn't look terribly different from the effect I got by using traditional static grass, but the medium and large ones really look different and better.
I think the big tufts might be overpowering on a traditional army (WAB, HC, WFB) but on a skirmish force like this they really add variety and work well.
I'm slightly torn on the basing. They look a little sparse to me, but less is more and James very kindly said he thought they looked good on Thursday night. I think I'll leave them for a while and see if they grow (ho-ho) on me before I add any further vegetation.