Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Battle of Brunanburh Revisited

I'm doing a spot of work at Nottingham University and was interested to learn they had a Viking Department!
Sadly it appears to be about the academic study of Vikings rather than a large hall filled with ale swilling roistering, brawling heroes, but interesting nevertheless.
So naturally I had a look round their web site and found this, a podcast featuring Michael Wood and some other Academics discussing The Battle of Brunanburh

Which I thought may be of interest to some of my readership

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links Tom.

    Can't really give them a read today as it's Saby's birthday, but I will have a gander later.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, thanks for this. I gave a lecture at Nottingham University once and discovered it was only a short walk from Games Workshop. I ended up buying their set of the walls of Minas Tirith, which must have been the last one on sale in the country and had to lug it back to London on the bus and train...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great find,thanks for posting:-)

    ReplyDelete