Tuesday 24 May 2011

Happy Birthday Bob!

The Zim turns 70 today.
So I dug out this Black Scorpion model that I bought on a whim a few years ago and painted it.













That's lot's more pictures than strictly necessary, but hey, he's 70!

Not sure why the model is called Bob '66 and has 1966 on the base as the pictures on which the model is based were taken in summer 1965 at the Highway 61 Revisited sessions (/Dylan Geek)

I'm already well into a personal celebratory Bob Fest in the Great Man's honour.
So far I've listened to The Freewheeling and Highway 61 is on now with one of my favourites, Desolation Row blaring out as I type. Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the Tracks, John Wesley Harding, Modern Times and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid will all definitely get an airing along with as many others as I can manage before Mrs Toms Toy Soldiers comes home and the fun stops.

This evening it'll be either Pat Garett, the No Direction Home DVD, or whatever the BBC has to offer on TV.

Happy Birthday Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment