Friday 25 February 2011

Federals, Five of 'Em!



Flitting from project to project I bring you ACW. Some of the blue ones.
Jolly nice Perry plastics that the twins (well, one of them, Michael I think) gave me when they were released. Thanks Mr Perry Twins Sirs. So it's only taken me what, three years to get some paint on them.

I have some plans to play Blasthoff Bridge with them, then graduate onto the games from the Wargames Companion before finally playing a game of BlackPowder. I suspect I shall get old and die before completing this project.

I painted these using a simple basecoat and wash. For some reason I decided to use a white undercoat. It's very unforgiving compared with black (i.e if you miss a bit it shows), so I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

I've got a few more blue uns and some of the grey ones on the go at the moment, so unless I flit to another project stay tuned for updates!

2 comments:

  1. They look nice and as far as flitting from project to project you sound exactly like me...frustrating to say the least.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you're flirting with The Blue and the Grey too, Christopher.
    Bet yours are finished first.
    And look way nicer than mine.
    :)

    ReplyDelete