Friday 30 August 2024

Warmaster Revolution - Lizardmen v. Chaos

 Monday Night Warmaster and Alan came over with his Lizards again. I decided to trot out the Chaos Warriors.

I've had a few sleeps since this game, so my recollections are even more hazy and unhelpful than usual

I had a hero on a dragon because cool. He pushed up on my left.


I also had a chunky brigade of Knights and Marauders.


The thin Blue Line lay in wait.


I had a subtle and cunning plan for my Chaos army: to Charge Them IN THE FACE at every opportunity.
So the Chariots went in as soon as they could.


The Harpies and Marauder horse tried the same thing but were a bit thwarted by terrain. Turns out we played this slightly wrong, Harpies, as flyers could have entered the terrain.


The Chariots did some damage and then suffered the consequences.


In went some of the knights.


The Harpies and Marauders were finding the Lizards in the swamp difficult to dislodge.


The knights paid the price for their recklessness.


Yes, tough times for the chariots.


The assault on the swamp was repelled.


Sneaky Ring of Magic action resulted in Cold Ones catching my infantry in the flank.
It's an old trick that Al-ann the Slaan pulls off regularly. I probably ought to have a plan to deal with it!


Fortunately Chaos Warriors are pretty tough, so the COKs didn't have things all their own way.


The Lizards consolidated in the swamp.


Back on the left more knights went to war, this time with a dragon in support.


The battle of the flappy things raged on.


The Lizards have the centre but the flanks are leaning toward Chaos.


Finally more of the Chaos centre crashed home, this time in less piecemeal fashion.


The left flank, cleared of knights saw Marauders face more Flying Lizards.


Lizards hold the narrow gap.


However it was getting quite bloody in the middle.


The Chaos horse were murdering Skinks for fun.


At this point Alan did some maths for me and suggested an order of attacks that would probably result in a Chaos win!

Despite my best efforts to throw terrible dice it duly came to pass that the Chaos hordes were able to push the Lizards over their break point!


Victory for Chaos.
I had forgotten what a monumental pile driver of an army Chaos is. It ;acks much in the way of subtlety, but boy can they hand it out.
With my play style I wonder why I ever use anything else!

Alan was as always a gracious and helpful opponent working out how best I could actually win, rather than just throw more soldiers against his Lizard line.


No comments:

Post a Comment