Tuesday 5 January 2021

Perry and Wargames Atlantic Plastic Pathan comparison shots

Matt asked in the comments under my previous post about the WA Afghans how they compared with the Perry plastics.

Always trying to meet the needs of my loyal readers (thank you both) I put some of the Perry ones together.


And then I snapped some alongside some of the Wargames Atlantic tribesmen.
Where possible I tried to use similar poses and I tied to line them up as best I could for my phone camera.







I was quite surprised by how much bigger the Perry models are in the main. But the pictures also show a lack of consistency in the size of the WA models. The one in the last two pictures above is not a bad match for the Perry model, whereas most of the other are noticeably smaller.
The Perry weapons are also noticeably larger.

I think on the tabletop you're probably not going to notice too much, but I'll be keeping them is separate units.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant you knew just what I needed thanks for taking the time, looks like Perry win for me size wise 👍 quite a dramatic difference in the forward shooting figure but as you say they will work fine in different units. I do wish the Perry’s had sculpted a couple of slightly later weapons not just muskets but I hope to manage some weapon swops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this comparison, I've been holding back on getting some of the plastic Perry figures until someone did this.
    Is there the possibilty of mixing parts from the two sets ? For example Perry arms on an Atlantic torso ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you *could* but why? The Perry models are much nicer so just buy them. The WA weapons are a bit smaller than the Perry ones but you'd get away with it. However a lot of the gun arms on both sets are paired sets, so with different torso sizes you'd struggle to match them up. I honestly wouldn't bother you'll get huge amounts of variety nd ossibilities from the Perry set alone - you'll just get some slightly stiffer, less animated models of varying sizes if you mix in the WA.

      Delete
  3. i have just received my Perrys and they are excellent sculpts and assembling easily.
    The Perry's plastic is of great quality by comparison with the Wargame Atlantic's one (too hard and smooth). Very important point for conversion work indeed !
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree - the Perry plastic is that bit softer that allows carving and trimming much better. WA plastic is considerably more brittle.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the comparison and review. I think I'll get the Perry's.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete