Tuesday 28 August 2018

Other Partizan 2018 Pics

Some of the other games that caught my eye at Partizan

Big (40mm) ACW


Lord of the Rings using To The Strongest. I've got lots of LotR and I know James likes TTS, so maybe...




Some chaps in Tricornes

Foy. This game won a prize I believe. Looked to me like it was based on the Band of Brothers TV series episode.


WW2 54mm. Oddly they were using Rapid Fire! rules, which I like, but which seemed counter intuitive to me. I'd have thought using 54mm you'd want something more skirmishy - possibly even individual model based. They also had what seemed like a high tanks to men ratio (though I understand the desire to get your big cats out).
Nice looking set up though - I like the big 54mm soldiers.


Big To The Strongest game


More tricornes

ECW?

The inevitable Sharp Practice game - looking lovely.


2mm(!) action. Chum James was helping out with this. Looked fascinating and splendidly presented, though I personally feel by this scale, regardless of painting and modelling talent, you're effectively playing a boardgame.


Brilliantly painted and modeled though


Felt to me like there was a lot of WW2, both 28 and 20mm (but not much 15mm)
A steep decline in Sharp Practice games (I only saw one, when last year it felt like you couldn't move for 'em)
A little lighter on punters than previous iterations of the show too I thought.
A great day out. Plenty of inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. Great looking games.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Tom, I do miss being able to drop into Partizan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I forget how spoiled we are around here.

      Delete