Pages

▼

Saturday, 19 September 2026

Korean Buntai for Ronin

OK, thirteen years is a perfectly normal amount of time to take to paint up a skirmish force of ten figures, right?
So way back in 2013 when Ronin came out I got excited and bought the rules. I also bought some Perry Miniatures Koreans. In fact getting Tonin was the excuse to buy them as I'd wanted them since they first came out.
Anyway in that first flush of excitement I painted three of them - you can find the post here

Things happened,mistakes were made and here we are
A finished Buntai of Perry Miniatures Koreans for games of Ronin:


And here are the individual models

A leader, waving his sword in a very leadery fashion


Three of the super cool swordsmen with the demon shields that are surely the main reason anyone wants a Korean army


Three spearmen, two of them with the funky tridents - another reason to collect Koreans


Three archers


The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice that the spearmen are *not* the same models from October 2013 - I have in fact painted three more, so I *could field six if I wanted to, exciting stuff.

I also have the other half of the archers and the swordsmen packs still in their Perry jewellery boxes as well as the other five models from the command pack.
So I guess we should expect to see those sometime around 2039.

Anyway, General B. has Samurai, so expect some Far Eastern warfare, ahem,  Imjin-ently.

11 comments:

  1. 13 years? Seems quite fast. Nice job - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 years is perfectly reasonable. Some things get painted immediately some wait for the stars to align. They look great which is the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Love the Ronin game and nice to see some Koreans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Ronin mechanics look interesting, looking forward to giving them a try

      Delete
  4. Worth waiting for I say. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress is progress. :)

    And they look great!

    ReplyDelete